Contact the Lodge
- Address: Cnr Rennie Street & Archimedes Sreet Lara VIC
- Contact: VWBro. Colin Harding, PGIWkgs
- ph: 0417 058 376
- e: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lodge Number: 163
- Meeting – 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:30 pm (Jan no meeting)
- Rehearsal – 1st and last Wednesday
- Installation – March
About The Lodge
The Hopetoun Lodge was formed in Morwell in Eastern Victoria in 1891, named after the first Governor of Victoria, Lord Hopetoun.
The Lodge moved to Steiglitz in 1894, renting the Steiglitz Court House for 16 years before moving to Meredith.
In 1911, the name of the Lodge was changed to Meredith Masonic Lodge No. 163, with William Garfield Spiller of Lethbridge as Master.
Despite efforts to secure the freehold ownership from the Presbyterian Church, it as not until 1961 that the Lodge acquired the site, constructing a new cream brick temple adjacent to the north of the bluestone church.
In 1991, as part of Centennial celebrations, the temple was re-consecrated by the Grand Master at the time Most Worshipful Brother John W Connell.
The Lodge moved to the Lara Masonic Centre in September 2011.