Contact the Lodge
- Address: Cnr Stotts Lane and Baxter Tooradin Road Frankston VIC
- Contact: WBro. Hein Zylstra, WM
- ph: 0410 492 412
- e: [email protected]
- Lodge Number: 934
- Meeting – 1st Monday of each month at 7:30pm (No meeting January
- Installation – April
About The Lodge
In mid 2009 a meeting was called by Grand Lodge to ascertain if there was any interest in forming a new lodge in District 113, South East Mornington Peninsula. There was sufficient enthusiasm at the meeting to form a Steering Committee of volunteers.
It was decided that the name of the new lodge should be “Baxter” and when put to the interested Brethren, the name Baxter was approved.
Baxter Lodge No. 934 was consecrated on 30 January 2010 at the South Eastern Masonic Centre, Keysborough in the presence of family members and non Masonic friends. Brother Christopher Tobin was installed as our Foundation Worshipful Master and before the day was over, 3 candidates for Initiation were read for the first time, one of these candidates was Stuart Brookes, the eldest son of our Worshipful Master.
A further 2 candidates have been initiated into Freemasonry since our consecration, making a total of five in our first year of operation. To date we have raised two of the five new members and are looking forward to completing the degrees of the remaining three Brethren.
One of the proudest moments of our Lodge was the establishment of “Operation Shoe Box” where we sent 64 comfort parcels to the troops of the 2nd Calvary Light Horse Regiment in Afghanistan.
The lodge has a number of things that we wish to accomplish within the first five years of operation:
- Make a difference and to be different in much of what we do.
Our Masonic Education scheme to be of benefit to our own members and those of other Lodges who attend Baxter as visitors.
Attain within five years, to have all floor Offices filled by Master Masons including the Master of the lodge.
- Currently support the 1st Carrum Downs Scout Group as our Masonic Charity and help them raise money to build/obtain a new Scout Hall.
- Actively encourage our wives and partners to become involved along with members children and grand children.
- Encourage a strong social commitment and to that end, our wives and partners are equal members in our Social Club.
For enquiries, please contact our Secretary WBro. Iain Taylor PGStdB on 0409 363 742.