For some, Freemasonry is about making new friends and acquaintances. For others it’s about being able to help deserving causes, making a contribution to family and society.
For most, it is an enjoyable hobby.
As one of the world's oldest and largest non-religious, non-political, fraternal and charitable organisations, it's undeniable that Freemasonry holds a unique place in history. It is also very much an organisation that changes with the times, and seeks always to be a modern and vibrant opportunity for men to better themselves and the communities they live in.
Freemasonry teaches self-knowledge through participation in a progression of ceremonies. Members are encouraged to speak openly about Freemasonry, and to take advantage of the many opportunities provided to do good in the community.
Members are taught the principles of Freemasonry (moral lessons and self knowledge) by participating in a series of ritual dramas – a progression of allegorical two-part plays that are learnt by heart and performed within each lodge. These plays follow ancient forms and use stonemasons' customs and tools as allegorical guides.
An ethical and moral approach to life is instilled by the practice of Freemasonry. With the core values of integrity, kindness, fairness and honesty at the centre of all Freemasons' lives, members are urged to regard the interests of the family as paramount, and also teaches concern for people, care for the less fortunate and help for those in need.
By consciously undertaking self-development and contributing to their communities, the lives of the Freemasons are transformed in deep and lasting ways for the better.
Why Join Freemasons Victoria?
- Find your Third Place where you are always welcome and you belong
- Experience the historic ritual and ceremony of Freemasonry
- Enjoy diverse formal and informal fellowship in and around the Lodge and in the community at large
- Access special offers and discounts through the Freemasons Membership Benefits Program
- Become a better man, partner, father or son through educational opportunities
- Learn from mentors to realise your goals
- Advance personally through self-development experiences and improving your leadership ability
- Influence your personal journey through Masonic education and ritual
- Adopt a set of values and principles which can underpin your entire code of living
- Build your personal brand as a man of integrity
- Develop your life and business skills
- Build a personal and professional network you can trust
- Receive guidance and wise counsel through career mentoring
- Discover a place for you and your family to make lifelong friends and have great social experiences
- Connect with other Masons at Lodge, social events and also online and in social media
- Support others’ personal growth as a mentor
- Access interactive websites/forums and the Freemasons app
- Connect with a wide range of people through a global network with 5 million Freemasons worldwide
- Be involved in projects helping to make a better community
- Contribute to community through major projects like Royal Freemasons Homes, Freemasons Hospital
- Be part of an organisation gifting $2m annually to Victoria
- Support your local community through philanthropy and leadership